Easter Sunday and The Masters...All in ONE day!

Today is Easter and it's my favorite Sunday of the year. It was fast & testimony meeting today at church and I loved it. I learned so much from all the people who shared their testimonies. Today I reflected on so many things especially about the Savior and His atonement and Resurrection. I've been pondering how Christ has affected my life. Let me tell you...There is too much to say that I can't even begin to tell you how much Jesus Christ has affected my life. I'm so grateful for Christ in my life and His example that He has bestowed for everyone if we follow Him. The song "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" is an amazing song with amazing lyrics. The lyrics that touched my heart is: 'Jesus sought me when a stranger, Wandering from the fold of God; He, to rescue me from danger, Interposed His precious blood...' Isn't it so true though? We have all been lost in our lives at one point or another and because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we have the opportunity to apply the Atonement whenever we need it. It's been a blessing in my life to know that if I'm having any type of negative, sorrow, or sad feeling I can get on my knees and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ I am able to have these feelings gone. I feel so blesed in my life to have this knowledge. I've included a slideshow called "Reflections of Christ" which plays the song "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" which is sung by Freddie Ashby. Wow what an amazing voice he has.
The first time I saw this slideshow was when a girl in Relief Society was teaching us a lesson about Jesus Christ. It was such a great lesson and she showed us this slideshow. I begin to cry more and more. It's such a beautiful song and such beautiful pictures. It shows every details of Christ mortal existence here on earth to the crucifixion of Christ to the resurrection of Christ. It is because of Christ that we are able to be resurrected and have perfect bodies. What an amazing blessing to have that knowledge in our lives. He has suffered for us all so we should let him in our lives. What an amazing comfort to know that.

My absolute favorite picture is this picture of Christ when Mary Magdalene is the first to see Jesus Christ. I often wonder what I will do when I see Christ again. My other favorite picture is the one where Christ is knocking on the door waiting for us to open the door. You will notice in that picture that there is no door knob because if Jesus Christ had it his way, He would open the door to everyones heart and life. I love reading 'Jesus the Christ' by James E. Talmage. I remember reading this book while serving in South Dakota and I learned so much. I learned so much about Jesus Christ and His mortal life. I love all the movies that the church has produced about Christ. I miss being a missionary and sharing the gospel to so many people. It was such a learning experience in my life.
There is another reason why I love today. If you didn't know, I LOVE golf. Well I don't think that's the right word...OBSESSED is the word now. I'm obsessed with golf. I am currently watching That Masters which is one of four major tournaments tht happens every year. The Masters is my favorite major championship and it would be a dream to attend The Masters. Of course it's unlikely to happen because they have leave the tickets for people that are members and have been members since the 1970's. But if I knew someone who isn't going, I would go. I should at least try to go to one of the major championships in my lifetime. That would be amazing. The Masters happens every year around the first part of April and it's taken place at August National Golf Club located in Augusta, Georgia. It's a beautiful course and there are so many people that attend every year. Right now at this very moment, Kenny Perry is in the lead. If he wins The Masters he will be the oldest golfer in history to win The Masters. I hope he wins the tournament.
As you can see in this picture, the gallery of the 2009 Masters. It is so huge and there are so many people that go every year. To me I think The Masters is the most prestigous golf tournament of the four majors. Now you're wondering what are the four majors. We start the year off with The Masters, then in June is the US Open, in July is the British Open, and in August is the PGA Championship. I hate the British Open because the time change is do different than here in America so I have to watch at during the night and i'm not into this major as much as I should. The US Open will be played this year in New York at the Bethpage State Park in which is a hard course. One of the hardest I've seen in all golf tournaments. It's known as the "Black Course". But it's beautiful. The thing I love about golf is that you have to adjust your game all the time. There are many different reasons you have to adjust for. For example, the weather could be rainy one day so you have to adjust your swing, approach, etc.; and the next day it could be beautiful so you have adjust the way you're going to swing and approach and also know the greens are going to be a little bit slower than they would have been if it was dry and hot. Another reason to adjust your swing is because maybe you're not hitting your woods very well. I have a long game which means I hit the ball a lot longer than most women so if my woods are hurting, then I have to use my irons in which my irons are normally played shorter than my woods.

One of the best golfers in the game of golf is Tiger Woods. Surprise Surprise! He won last years US Open then because he hurt his knee, he couldn't play for the rest of the year. Golf wasn't the same without him. Well in February of this year was his comeback since last June. He has since then one tournament and isn't doing that great at The Masters. He's been an ispiration on and off the golf course to so many people. He has changed the game of golf since he turned professional. You may wonder why I keep talking about golf and about Tiger Woods. Golf changed my life and my way of thinking. I think golf is about 30% skill and 70% mentality. Isn't that crazy? I love going to a golf course and being the one that is intimidating people. They get scared and aren't sure of their game of golf. This is when I come in and play well. I played a few weeks ago with two guys that go to BYU but have been playing golf for over 10 years. They talked about how great of a golfer they both are, etc.etc. Need I say more? So when I asked them if I could play I knew that I needed to hit a great tee shot to scare them. The first hole is a par 5, 500+ yards. I pulled out my driver and hit it 320 yards. It was amazing! Ever since that shot, I was in the drivers seat and beat these two men. I don't have much skill at all but because I was mentally stronger, I beat them. It was glorious! I loved it.

Finals start up this week and I'm NOT excited. I have 3 papers to write in the next 2 days. Wow, it's going to be rough and I'm not looking forward to it at all. Well I better start doing something with my life like get ready for dinner.

Until then,

Lozza